Saturday, June 23, 2012

An In-between

The days spent in town here have been really great. Was able to finally go check out Smith and Bybee Lakes, thank you Matt, and saw many a cool creature as well as practiced my tactical sliding on muddy banks. And a look at a pretty awesome research lab on crabs! I went on a bike ride out around south Portland about 17 miles with Lucy on Thursday. Ate and stared in awe at Bob's Red Mill. (Yumm, and oh my what amazing amount of product there is...) Then today, friend Kirsten invited me to walk with her border collie and his friends along Washougal River followed by a great quiche for lunch with Richard as additional company. The two of them host amazing conversations and encouragement that I most thoroughly enjoyed. With Kirsten as my willing friendly coach, I will now have weekly assignments in photography to be shared with her. :) She is pushing me effectively into making some moves that will help get my career track in line. Love it.

Now some photos from the last farm and my activities.....

Mr. Salamander, one of several in the pond
Cool teeny frog

Smells wonderful



Belinda!

My own graft

Pretty Ollie

Very funny Keiran (sp?)

Love these two


Dog Mountain hike


These damsel flies and dragonflies were all over
Tons of baby catfish

Nest right at eye level, shows how rare it is  to have company out there




4 turtles on this cute log

GF bread, mine tastes better than theirs and it's the same mix haha

Young robins waiting for snacks

1 comment:

  1. Hello my love! Thank you for sharing! I read your most recent update then this one to see pics! Love it! I am so excited you are able to do this all and it is just so great to see you living your life with passion! I am so excited to catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete