Friday, November 16, 2012

Life. Love. Happiness.



"You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life."
                                                                                                                           - Albert Camus


*****************************************************************************************************************
 
In a squarish state...
 somewhere in the Pacific Northwest...
Jaida finds a town to call home for the next year.
This place is called- Nehalem. Or Manzanita...both are accurate.
Spending her days in shop, or in garden. In rain or shine.
Discovering friends. Creating memories.  Manifesting happiness
And so it is.


Well I do owe some kind of apology for the basic fact that I have not offered completion on the summer's events and results. This blog started out as a journal for the details of my summer, so that my friends and family could keep track. 
 
I just now reflected to the first of my posts. I had said my intention was to find a career-specific employment opportunity or internship. This would likely be within the area of photography and/or nutrition. Yet here I sit in my room in Oregon, with several jobs, and none of them directly contributing to my pursuit in photography or the like. And this is perfect. All of it. 

I did choose my little nook on the north coast. Manzanita, where I work and spend free time, is just the most gorgeous and inspirational location when you want it to be. The sun comes out, and I jet to the beach or some other vista, camera in hand. So in a major way, my skills are certainly not being neglected. I take many photos, as most of you have seen lately. None of my experiences will be of waste or regret. Nehalem, even though it is elbow-to-elbow with Manzanita, is entirely different in landscape. The setting is along the river and bay, with access to highway 53; which harbors multiple farms, dairies, and knitter folk.

Which leads to my job and some of what I do in my social life. I have learned to knit, as a way to communicate more effectively in the yarn shop I work at. I also enjoy attending the twice a month "knit nights". The dynamic of that group of women every sitting is usually a unique experience. Most conversation turns hilarious, and I am beaming as I listen to stories. The community in general is extremely blessed with artists and other talented people. I am really impacted by the beauty that is produced here, on canvas or on stage. (What a spot to be for creative sparks!) We even have some spectacular food options, and an amazing health food store. I dont think that I would have thought I could fully survive and thrive in an area this small (<1000) without going into the big city. Amazing. 

I keep finding additional interests and fascinating people to occupy my time span, and I am sure it will only get more interesting as the year moves on. I am an official resident of the state of Oregon on or about October 10th, 2013. (As rental agreement certifies) When this is settled I can acquire other legal ID and apply for my schooling in-state. And I only look forward, with the most curiosity, to viewing these notes in a year and actually knowing what I have chosen to do. 
 
Until then- I'll just BE.  With Love, Jaida

No comments:

Post a Comment